So back in the day when I was a kid (some would argue I still am one), I was occasionally allowed to stay up late enough to watch a parent-approved TV movie, like The Wizard of Oz. My folks apparently thought it was healthy for children to have an unreasonable fear of monkeys. But one movie that always went way too late for me to finish was The Ten Commandments. In fact, I still don’t know how it ends! But I do remember the pre-CGI awe-inspiring finger of God writing each of his Top Ten on a tablet (he had the iPad beat by several thousand years), and pretty much everyone else is familiar with them too.
Obviously, God’s Ten Commandments are etched in stone and can’t be changed or added to, but all of us definitely have an “11th commandment” or two that we’d like everyone to follow as well, whether prohibiting a pet peeve or plugging a perk. So just for fun, if God did give you another tablet and let you carve one extra commandment, what would it be? Here are a few of mine…
1. Thou shalt not be required to start thy work day whilst it is still dark.
2. Thou shalt cleaneth up after thyself in public restrooms. Haveth some decency!
3. Thou shalt not text whilst driving, or thy phone shalt suffer the wrath of fire and brimstone.
4. Thou shalt let thy parents sleep until 10am on Saturday instead of 5:30am…(please!).
5. Thou shalt not pat another’s buttocks during any athletic competition, for that is weird man.